Table of Contents
As the Hilton Columbus Downtown expansion nears completion, we can expect a different downtown skyline, exciting new restaurants + the tallest hotel in Ohio.
Construction + project scope
- Construction on the standalone tower began in 2019, and per the primary architect Cooper Carry, it was a $210 million, 460,000 sqft project.
- The current hotel provides 537 keys, and the new tower will offer an additional 463 keys and 53,000 sqft of meeting space. This will be Columbus’ first 1,000 key hotel.
- The tower will be 28 stories tall, but has been scaled to blend with the current hotel so they appear as one destination.
- The addition of a bridge under High Street will allow people to travel from the current to the new hotel seamlessly + the pedestrian bridge that connects the hotel to the Greater Columbus Convention Center will remain intact.
- You can watch the live construction of the hotel daily as it’s on schedule to open this fall.
New dining additions
- The hotel expansion will come with three new restaurant and bar concepts that will be open to the public this fall.
- Stories on High will be the new tallest rooftop bar in Columbus with a 360-degree view of the city. The restaurant will have Japanese-inspired small plates and a cocktail-focused drink menu.
- FYR will feature a wood-burning grill with American + Latin-inspired food options. The restaurant will be accessible from High Street.
- Spark, which will be located in the lobby of the hotel, will offer classic Midwest meals with locally sourced beer + a classic cocktail menu.