Table of Contents
When does the gourd time start? 🕸️
- Weekends in October
- Friday hours — The zoo opens at 10:30 a.m., but Boo festivities are 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday hours — 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sunday hours — 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
What is there to boo? 🎃
In addition to character meet and greets + musical performances, there are a variety of Halloween-themed activities for kids and families to enjoy.
- Tommy C. Turtle’s Trick or Treat Trail — Stop at one of the 13 treat stations (with three having a candy alternative) at Adventure Cove, Conservation Lake, and Asia Quest.
- Jessie’s Jack-O-Lantern Journey — Take a self-guided walk through an enchanted path with hundreds of hand-carved pumpkins.
- Zoo Boo Choo-Choo — Hop on a train ride to Vertebrate Village and find a variety of skeletal creatures.
- Giant Pumpkin Carving — Elephant-sized pumpkins will be on display + on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., a skilled craftsman will carve another jumbo pumpkin for guests to watch.
- Character Craze Hay Maze — Navigate your way through 400 bales of hay daily from 12 p.m.-close.
More dressed-up details 🦇
- Costumes are encouraged for those 13 and younger + should be appropriate for kids and families.
- Boo at the Zoo events are included with regular admission, and parking is $10. Franklin County residents receive a discounted rate.