Table of Contents
Just like summer, our time is fleeting, so let’s not waste it. Here’s our lineup of 20 awesome events in August. (Psst, bookmark this page so you can quickly come back to it in the future.)
Tuesday, Aug. 1-Sunday, Aug. 6
- Columbus Clippers vs. Saint Paul Saints | Tuesday, Aug. 1-Sunday, Aug. 6 | Times vary | Huntington Park, Arena District | $8-$21 | The Clippers start a home series this week with deals, including $5 Fridays where small beers + wine are discounted.
- Frozen (Touring) | Tuesday, Aug. 1-Sunday, Aug. 6 | Times vary | Ohio Theatre, Downtown | $31-140 | Elsa, Olaf, Ana, and the rest of the cast from this Disney film are on stage in a show intended for audiences 2+ years old.
- Dublin Irish Festival | Friday, Aug. 4-Sunday, Aug. 6 | Times vary | Coffman Park, Dublin | $20-$60 | Celebrate Irish culture with food, drinks, and live music at the largest three-day Irish festival in the country.
- Billy Joel & Stevie Nicks | Saturday, Aug. 5 | 7 p.m. | Ohio Stadium, Campus | $75-$395 | Sing along to these two Grammy Award-winning artists with decades of hit songs.
Monday, Aug. 7-Sunday, Aug. 13
- Motley Crue + Def Leppard | Tuesday, Aug. 8 | 5:45 p.m. | Schottenstein Center, Campus | $33-$800 | Relive the 80s with these two hair metal bands that still know how to rock.
- Science Trivia with COSI | Wednesday, Aug. 9 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Land-Grant Brewing Co., Franklinton | Free | Test your knowledge and win tickets to the next COSI After Dark at this monthly event.
- Mimosa Crawl | Saturday, Aug. 12 | 1-6 p.m. | Short North Arts District | $20 | Enjoy an afternoon of sampling mimosas with locations disclosed after purchasing a ticket.
- Columbus Summer Beerfest | Saturday, Aug. 12 | 1-5 p.m. + 7-11 p.m. | KEMBA Live!, Arena District | $30-$50 | Discover 150 local and regional craft brewers, plus designated drivers tickets are discounted.
- Festival Latino | Saturday, Aug. 12-Sunday, Aug. 13 | 11 a.m.-8 p.m. | Genoa Park, Downtown | Celebrate local Latino culture with family-friendly music and entertainment + food trucks, shopping, and art.
- Uptown Untapped | Saturday, Aug. 12 | 6-10 p.m. | Uptown Westerville | $15-$50 | Sample beers from 12+ different local brewers + find live music, games, and food.
Monday, Aug. 14-Sunday, Aug. 20
- Tim Heidecker | Monday, Aug. 14 | 7 p.m. | KEMBA Live!, Arena District | $29-$106 | Spend an evening with this comedian from Adult Swim and other late night TV channels.
- The Chicks | Wednesday, Aug. 16 | 7:30 p.m. | Nationwide Arena, Arena District | $40-$140 | Listen to this award-winning, all-women country music trio who hasn’t been on tour since 2017.
- Food Truck Festival | Saturday, Aug. 19-Sunday, Aug. 20 | Times vary | Franklin County Fairgrounds, Hilliard | Free | Browse local food trucks offering a variety of cuisines + shop at the new vintage festival while listening to live music.
Monday, Aug. 21-Sunday, Aug. 27
- Barry Manilow | Friday, Aug. 25 | 7 p.m. | Nationwide Arena, Arena District | $20-$350 | Belt your heart out to this multi-award-winning artist who has sold 85+ million albums worldwide.
- Breakaway Ohio | Friday, Aug. 25-Saturday, Aug. 26 | Times vary | Historic Crew Stadium, Columbus | $25-$1,000 | Listen to 25 different musicians and bands across two days, including headliners Flume (Friday) + Zedd (Saturday).
- Wonderbus Fest | Friday, Aug. 25-Sunday, Aug. 27 | Times vary | The Lawn at CAS, Old North | $120-$265 | Jam out to a variety of big name musicians, including Pitbull, Demi Lovato, and Sean Kingston.
- Columbus Crew vs. Toronto FC | Saturday, Aug. 26 | 7:30 p.m. | Lower.com Field, Arena District | $28-$581 | Cheer on the Crew as they face a team with less than five wins on the season.
Monday, Aug. 28-Thursday, Aug. 31
- An Evening With James McBride | Monday, Aug. 28 | 7-9 p.m. | Kings Art Complex, Columbus | $33 | James McBride, a New York Times bestselling author and National Book Award winner, will be in conversation to celebrate the launch of latest look.
- Odesza | Wednesday, Aug. 30 | 6:30 p.m. | Schottenstein Center, Campus | $50-$140 | Dance all night to this Grammy Award-nominated EDM artist.
- Craig Ferguson | Wednesday, Aug. 30 | 7:30 p.m. | Southern Theatre, Downtown | $30-$179 | Laugh along with this comedian who used to host a late night talk show on CBS.