Table of Contents
When the leaves are crunchy and the lattes are pumpkin flavored, that’s when you know it’s fall.
But colorful foliage and seasonal drinks aren’t the only thing to look forward to this autumn. Here are the top fall festivals.
- Columbus Oktoberfest | Friday, Sept. 8-Sunday, Sept. 10 | Times vary | Ohio State Expo Center | Free | Celebrate all things German, including beer, music, food, and fashion.
- 934 Fest | Friday, Sept. 8-Saturday, Sept. 9 | Times vary | Free | Meet and support Columbus- + Ohio-based artists, creators, and musicians at this two-day festival.
- Night Market at Bridge Park | Thursday, Sept. 14 | 6-9 p.m. | North Market Bridge Park | Free | Shop local vendors selling handmade items + grab a meal from one of the food stalls in the market.
- Creekside Hops & Vines Festival | Saturday, Sept. 16 | 6-11 p.m. | Creekside Gahanna | $70-$75 | Sample 50+ drinks, including local beer, wine, and liquor.
- Fall Festival | Sunday, Sept. 17 | 1-4 p.m. | Hilliard Municipal Park | Free | Bring the kids so they can ride hay wagons, pick pumpkins, and pet zoo animals.
- Community Pride 2023 | Saturday, Sept. 23 | 12-7 p.m. | Mayme Moore Park | Free | This inclusive Pride celebration is hosted by the Black Queer & Intersectional Collective.
- Columbus Coffee Festival | Saturday, Sept. 23-Sunday, Sept. 24 | Times vary | Ohio Village at the Ohio History Connection | $20-$75 | Sip on a wide range of roasters from all across Ohio.
- All American Quarter Horse Congress | Tuesday, Sept. 26-Sunday, Oct. 22 | Times vary | Ohio Expo Center | $25+ | This is the largest single-breed horse show in America, spanning three weeks with 700,000+ guests each year.
- Cartoon Crossroads Columbus | Friday, Sept. 27-Tuesday, Oct. 1 | Various locations | Free | Listen to guest speakers, examine historic comic strips and cartoons, and meet popular illustrators.
- Jack O’Lantern World | Friday, Sept. 29-Sunday, Oct. 29 | Times vary | Franklin County Fairgrounds | $14-$21 | Browse 1,000+ hand carved pumpkins and witness a 1,000 lbs real pumpkin.
- Steadfast Fest | Saturday, Sept. 30 | 5 p.m.-12:00 a.m. | Natalie’s Music Hall & Kitchen | $30 | Watch a variety of local bands all in one place + dine on local options.
- Festival for Good + Grandview Hop | Saturday, Sept. 30 | 5-9 p.m. | Grandview Avenue | Free | Connect with local organizations aiming to make impacts in the city + shop small businesses and vendors.
- Columbus Mac & Cheese Festival | Friday, Oct. 6 | 4-7:30 p.m. | The Yard at Easton | $30-$100 | Sample mac and cheese from central Ohio restaurants in support of adolescent cancer research.
- Columbus Italian Festival | Friday, Oct. 6-Sunday, Oct. 8 | Times vary | St. John The Baptist Italian Catholic Church | $10-$15 | Feast on local Italian food, listen to traditional music, and watch the main parade.
- El Dia De Los Muertos | Saturday, Oct. 7 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Green Lawn Cemetery | Free | This family-friendly day brings traditional food, Aztec dancers, and face paintings.
- Columbus Taco Fest | Saturday, Oct. 7-Sunday, Oct. 8 | Times vary | Goodale Park | $5-$7 | Fill up on tacos, burritos, and churros from local food trucks + tickets are now required for this event.
- Pumpkins Aglow | Wednesday, Oct. 11-Sunday, Oct. 29 | Times vary | Franklin Park Conservatory | Bring the kids to this autumn-themed event featuring 100+ carved pumpkins before it’s gone until next year.
- Night Market at Bridge Park | Thursday, Oct. 12 | 6-9 p.m. | North Market Bridge Park | Free | Shop local vendors selling handmade items + grab a meal from one of the food stalls in the market.
- Columbus Fall Brew Fest | Wednesday, Oct. 13 | 7-11 p.m. | Huntington Park | $50-$65 | Drink local beers, play lawn games on the Clippers field, and enjoy DJs + food from concession stands.
- Scrawl 2023 | Wednesday, Oct. 13-Friday, Oct. 15 | Times vary | Franklinton Arts District | Free | Four artists will work on mobile murals throughout the event + find live music, food, and drinks.
- The Great Westerville Pumpkin Glow | Tuesday, Oct. 19-Friday, Oct. 22 | 6:30-10:30 p.m. | Heritage Park | $12-$15 | Walk through special exhibits featuring glowing pumpkins and large gourds.
- Haunted Fest | Friday, Oct. 27 | 6 p.m. | KEMBA Live! | $60+ | Groove the EDM sounds of Deadmau5, Loud, Luxury, and Kaleena Zanders.
- Highball Halloween | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 5-11 p.m. | Short North Arts District | On sale today | Watch this annual show featuring the most elaborate costumes imaginable.