We spent an evening at VASO sitting in the rooftop igloo, sampling menu items, and sipping on seasonal cocktails. Here’s what you should know before you go.
The scenic igloos with intimate, changeable remote control lighting overlook downtown Dublin and include blankets, space heaters, a lounge-style center table, full menu availability, and a server to meet all your needs for the night.
We thought the igloos were cozy, personable, and a fun seasonal experience to enjoy with a small group.
Rates to reserve an igloo vary by day of the week, size of the group, and whether you choose the two-hour or three-hour experience.
Want to skip the igloo and dine inside? The indoor atmosphere at VASO has dim lighting and a variety of seating options. Reservations can be made online.
The menu has a variety of Spanish small plates that are great for sharing. We tried the following dishes:
- Brazilian cheese bread bites — These cheesy, garlicky bread balls are an easy, classic shareable.
- Margherita flatbread — The flatbread was slightly sweet with adequate cheese and sauce.
- General Cy’s chicken — Of everything we ordered, this dish could serve the most people with generous helpings. The chicken had a spicy kick to it + was our favorite dish of the night.
- Sloppy fish tacos — Two blackened mahi tacos are served with a side of tortilla chips, great for splitting with a date.
- Garlic tiger shrimp — The shrimp was large and flavorful, served in a sauce with pickled shishito peppers.
We sipped on two house cocktails as well:
- Grow a Pear — This drink was sweet with apricot, ginger, and lemon.
- Oh My Gourd — Made with butternut squash and vanilla, we also tasted hints of spice in this seasonal drink.