Pack your bags and get ready for a ~2 hour road trip to Cleveland. We’re here to help you plan with our guide to a summer weekend away from CBUS.
Get out on the water
Cleveland is home to Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River. This makes it a great spot for water activities like:
- BrewBoat Cleveland — Try a river boat ride where you and a group can bring your own drinks, food, and music.
- Great Lakes Watersports — Get active with jet skiing, kayaking, and boating on the lake with rentals.
Catch a game
If you like cheering on the Clippers here in CBUS, kick it up a notch by heading to a Guardians game. You might recognize a few players too, as the Clippers are a farm team for the Guardians. Bonus: The Guards have a hot dog race just like we have here for the Clip Show.
Be sure to stop by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, which has interactive exhibits of rock music legends like Tina Turner, Pink Floyd, and Prince. Plus, there’s a full summer schedule of events and live performances.
Grab a bite
No road trip is complete without a great meal. Here are five restaurants we recommend making a reservation for:
- Cordelia — Find fresh farm-to-table meals at this spot located on the popular E. 4th Street.
- Ginko Restaurant — A go-to for sushi lovers
- 27 Club Coffee — Grab a casual breakfast at this eccentric spot owned by Cleveland-native Machine Gun Kelly.
- Luca — For fans of Italian food and wine
- The Fairmount — The perfect spot for a fun drink