All you need to know about John Glenn International Airport
To help make your entire process at the John Glenn International Airport as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s 45 nonstop flights.
Traveling via plane is fun — jet-setting over beautiful blue waters or rolling hills, taking in cloud formations, and landing in a completely different location in a matter of hours is unlike anything else.
The whole navigating the airport part? Less exciting, and sometimes pretty stressful. To help make your time at the John Glenn International Airport (CMH) as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s 45 nonstop flights.
What to know
- Map it out | If you’re like us and need to completely visualize a place before you step foot inside, these maps of the entire airport will be your saving grace.
- Reminder | By May 7, 2025, you will need a REAL ID to board commercial flights in the US.
- Flight status | While we recommend staying updated via your respective airline, you can also check the airport’s dashboard for your flight status in a pinch.
Current airport updates
The airport announced in April 2022 that a $1 billion project to build a new terminal and parking garage is in the planning stages. The main terminal will grow to 900,000 sqft with 35-40 gates and the parking garage will add 5,000 new parking spaces.
Sun Country Airlines will also begin flying out of CMH in May 2023. The low-cost airline will fly twice weekly to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and provide connections to popular vacation destinations including Orlando, San Francisco, Fort Myers, and Cancun.
Parking, shuttles, and rideshare
Not everyone has a bestie who will drop everything to pick them up from their 3 a.m. landing. Each lot and garage offers the first hour of parking for $2-$5, and each additional hour for $1-$3. The price per 24-hour period is as listed:
- Red long-term shuttle lot | $8/day
- Blue long-term shuttle lot | $11/day covered, $10/day uncovered
- Green long-term shuttle lot | $6/day
- Short term garage | $30/day
- Long term garage | $22/day
- Walking lot | $14/day
- Valet parking: $30/day
Because CMH only has one terminal, all of these parking options are within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to TSA and your gate.
Hate the thought of driving yourself? Try out rideshare services like Lyft or Uber that will drop you off directly at your requested airline entrance. The rideshare pick-up location is located right outside of baggage claim.
CMH offers 45 nonstop flight destinations, including international flights to Toronto and Cancun. Here are five nonstop flights to consider for your next trip.
Pro tip: Remember that flight times and schedules will often change — you should rely on your respective airline for exact timing and to stay updated on any changes.
- Denver | Southwest + United | Daily
- Los Angeles | Spirit | 4-7 times/week
- Miami | American Airlines | Daily
- New York | American Airlines + Delta | Daily
- Las Vegas | Southwest + Spirit | Daily
Food and drink
CMH is a hub of local eateries with restaurants, bars, and coffee shops for fliers to dine before or between flights, like:
- Eddie George’s Grill 27 | Concourse B | Menu highlights: If you’re in the mood for a hearty meal, order the flatiron steak or deep fried cheeseburger.
- Donatos | Concourses A + C | Menu highlights: In addition to pizzas, try a salad or baked sub.
- Hangar 815 | Ticket lobby (pre-security) | Menu highlights: Breakfast combos like eggs, bacon, and french toast are available.
- Land-Grant Brewing Co. | Concourse B | Menu highlights: Sip on local brews like “Oh Sure” and “Lemon Glow.”
- American Craft Tavern | Concourse C | Menu highlights: Grab a breakfast sandwich in the morning or cold craft beer in the afternoon at this Samuel Adams-themed bar.