Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens has been in Columbus since 1895, and we’re here to share its unique upcoming offerings.
What can I find at FPC?
Visitors can enjoy 13 acres of plant biomes, gardens, and exhibitions with general admission from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily.
- Inside, you can find the John F. Wolfe Palm House and the Dorothy M. Davis Showhouse, which are Victorian-style glass greenhouses. The Chihuly Collection, made of colorful glass artwork, is the biggest privately owned collection to be in a botanical garden + is placed throughout the interior as well.
- The outdoor scene consists of botanical gardens like Grand Mallway + Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden, which has interactive experiences for children to connect and learn about nature.
What exhibits are in season?
The spring displays at FPC include Blooms & Butterflies, with 12,000+ butterflies hatching throughout the season. You can also take in Columbus Blooms, which features more than 100,000 tulips, pansies, and daffodils in the botanical gardens. You can keep up with the Spring Blooms Report to see what’s currently in season prior to your visit.
April events at FPC
- Sand Art | Sat., April 2 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | $3 + general admission | This is a children’s event to mix and match sand and place it into a butterfly or flower container. 💐
- Community Day | Sun., April 3 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Held on the first Sunday of every month, admission is free for residents of Columbus and Franklin County + a variety of performances and cultural activities are available.
- Chihuly Night | Sat., April 9 | 7-10 p.m. | Special engagement rate applies outside of general admission | Take in the Chihuly Collection after normal hours as it is professionally lit.
- Bring The Farm To You | Fri., April 15 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Included in general admission | This is a kid’s event to engage with farm animals like chicks, ducks, rabbits, and a pig during this petting zoo experience.
- Earth Day Puppet Show & Tree Giveaway | Sat., April 23 | 11 a.m. + 2 p.m. | Included in general admission | Enjoy a puppet sing-along and take a tree sapling home with you. 🌳
Be sure to check out the full events calendar for more happenings this spring.