Table of Contents
No need for a witch’s brew — we’ve got a perfect concoction of Columbus events bottled up and ready to go. Here’s what you can’t miss this October.
Monday, Oct. 2-Sunday, Oct. 8
- CBJ vs. St. Louis Blues | Monday, Oct. 2 | 7 p.m. | Nationwide Arena | $27-$270+ | Cheer on the Jackets in one of the final games of the preseason.
- Jesus Christ Superstar | Tuesday, Oct. 3-Sunday, Oct. 8 | Times vary | Ohio Theatre | Watch this touring Broadway show before it moves on to a new city.
- Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, and De La Soul | Wednesday, Oct. 4 | Schottenstein Center | $90-$230+ | This star-studded lineup features the biggest names in 90s rap and hip-hop.
- Ilana Glazer | Thursday, Oct. 5 | 8 p.m. | Speaker Jo Ann Davidson Theatre | $40-$125 | This comedian created the highly successful “Broad City” on Comedy Central.
- OSU Football vs. Maryland Terrapins | Saturday, Oct. 7 | 12 p.m. | Ohio Stadium | $50-$150+ | The Buckeyes are back in Columbus and look to defeat this Big Ten foe.
Monday, Oct. 9-Sunday, Oct. 15
- Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band | Tuesday, Oct. 10 | 7:30 p.m. | Mershon Auditorium | Jam out with the former drummer of The Beatles.
- Chris Tucker | Tuesday, Oct. 10 | 8 p.m. | Palace Theatre | $40-$249 | Laugh along with this comedian who has starred in movies like “Rush Hour.”
- Science Trivia with COSI | Wednesday, Oct. 11 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Land-Grant Brewing Co. | Free | Gather your friends and compete to win free tickets to the next COSI: After Dark.
- John Oliver | Thursday, Oct. 12 | 7:30 p.m. | Mershon Auditorium | No need to flip to HBO on this evening — the famed comedian, actor, and talk show host will be right here on campus.
- Are You Afraid of the Art? | Saturday, Oct. 14 | 5-7 p.m. | Open Door Art Studio & Gallery | Free | Browse spooky art made my local artists + enjoy a masquerade ball with refreshments and music.
Monday, Oct. 16-Sunday, Oct. 22
- CBJ vs. Detroit Red Wings | Monday, Oct. 16 | 8 p.m. | Nationwide Arena | $27-$270+ | We don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, and that extends to our bitter hockey rivals.
- KFC Radio | Thursday, Oct. 19 | 7 p.m. | Newport Music Hall | $40 | Listen to a live recording of this highly popular podcast from Barstool Sports.
- Collab Fest 2023 | Friday, Oct. 20 | 4-10 p.m. | BrewDog DogTap | $10 | Five local breweries partnered with BrewDog to make a collaboration beer.
- OSU Football vs. Penn State Nittany Lions | Saturday, Oct. 21 | 8 p.m. | Ohio Stadium | $119-$308+ | Cheer on the Buckeyes as they look to defeat this Big Ten team who they haven’t lost to since 2016.
- Chelsea Handler | Saturday, Oct. 21 | 8 p.m. | Palace Theatre | $59-$329 | Spend an evening with this comical and witty talk show host, author, and advocate.
Monday, Oct. 23-Tuesday, Oct. 31
- Halloween Bar Crawl | Friday, Oct. 27 | 4 p.m.-12 a.m.. | Howl at the Moon | $9 | This six year tradition brings costumed Columbusites together for a night of imbibing at local bars.
- Haunted Fest | Friday, Oct. 27 | 6 p.m. | KEMBA Live! | Let the bass carry you away at this EDM festival featuring Deadmau5.
- Shania Twain | Friday, Oct. 27 | 7 p.m. | Schottenstein Center | $60-$225 | Dance the night away to this country star with hits that span multiple decades.
- HighBall Halloween | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 4-11:59 p.m. | Short North Arts District | Wear the most extravagant costume you can find and join in on this annual high-fashion party.
- Central Ohio Trick or Treat | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Times vary | Throughout Columbus | Dress up the kids in their favorite Halloween costume and go door-to-door collecting candy. (Save some Reese’s Cups for your favorite City Editors, too.)
- Food Truck Court | Wednesday + Thursday | Times vary | Columbus Commons |Stop by on Wednesday mornings for breakfast food trucks starting at 7:30 a.m., or lunch food trucks on Thursday starting at 11 a.m. This service ends after October.
- Ghost Trolley | Friday + Saturday | Times vary | The Ohio Railway Museum | Take the kids on a family-friendly hay ride with a few light scares along the way.
- All Hallows’ Eve | Saturday | 5:30-9:30 p.m. | Ohio Village | Take a step back into history and see how Halloween was celebrated in the 1800s.
- Harvest Blooms | All month | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Franklin Park Conservatory | Explore the nature center as it has been seasonally decorated with 1,000+ pumpkins, gourds, and flowers.