Summer is turning to autumn, and we are falling for these September events.
From the first Buckeye home game of the season to weekend-long block parties, these 20 events are curated by our City Editors. Be sure to bookmark this page so you can quickly view it in a pinch.
Friday, Sept. 1-Sunday, Sept. 10
- Brews in the Bosque | Wednesday, Sept. 6 | 4-7 p.m. | Columbus Commons | Free | Enjoy a local beer or cocktail while listening to music in this downtown green space.
- Ohio State vs. Youngstown State | Saturday, Sept. 9 | 12 p.m. | Ohio Stadium | $35-$200+ | Join 100,000+ Buckeye fans and cheer on the football team for the first home game of the season.
- Chihuly Nights | Saturday, Sept. 9 | 7-10 p.m. | Franklin Park Conservatory | $0-$25 | Stroll through the botanical gardens with glass-blown art as colorful lights fill the area.
- Sneaker Freaks Columbus | Sunday, Sept. 10 | 1-6 p.m. | Ohio State Fairgrounds - Lausche Building | $10-$275 | Barter, purchase, trade, and sell high-end sneakers such as Jordans and Nike.
Monday, Sept. 11-Sunday, Sept. 17
- Owl City | Wednesday, Sept. 13 | 6:30 p.m. | Newport Music Hall | $30-$65 | This alternative pop star had his song “Fireflies” top music charts in 2009.
- Science Trivia with COSI | Wednesday, Sept. 13 | 6:30 p.m. | Land-Grant Brewing Co. | Free | Create a team and compete to win tickets to the next COSI After Dark event.
- Janelle Monae | Friday, Sept. 15 | 8 p.m. | Schottenstein Center | $50-$200+ | Listen to hits like “I Like That” by this multi-talented musician, rapper, songwriter, and actor.
- John Glenn International Runway 5K Run & Walk | Saturday, Sept. 16 | 9 a.m. | John Glenn International Airport | $50 | This 5K benefits Honor Flight Columbus, a nonprofit that provides senior veterans with a day in the Washington DC to see the memorials built in their honor.
Monday, Sept. 18-Sunday, Sept. 24
- Columbus Clippers vs. Omaha Storm Chasers | Tuesday, Sept. 18-Sunday, Sept. 24 | Times vary | Huntington Park | $8-$21 | Specials throughout the week include Dime-A-Dog night on Tuesday + Puppypalooza on Thursday.
- Columbus Crew vs. Chicago Fire FC | Wednesday, Sept. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | Lower.com Field | $24-$395 | Cheer on the black and gold in an Eastern Conference showdown.
- All-City Block Party | Saturday, Sept. 23-Sunday, Sept. 24 | Times vary | Philadelphia Brewing Co. | Free | Shop Ohio-based vendors, sip local beers, and grab food from a restaurant on N. High Street.
- Fashion Week Columbus | Sunday, Sept. 24-Saturday, Sept. 30 | Times vary | Locations vary | Cost varies | Celebrate local high fashion all week and cap it off with a finale runway show on Saturday.
Monday, Sept. 25-Saturday, Sept. 30
- Peter Gabriel | Monday, Sept. 25 | 8 p.m. | Nationwide Arena | $53-$278 | Rock out with an artist whose chart-topping hits span decades and have earned him multiple awards.
- Morgan Wallen Dance Night | Thursday, Sept. 28 | 9 p.m. | Skully’s Music Diner | $15 | Groove the night away to songs from this country superstar.
- Wolfstock: 10 Year Anniversary | Saturday, Sept. 30 | 12-10 p.m. | Wolf’s Ridge Brewing | Free | Sip exclusive beers, listen to live music, take tours of the brewery, and participate in interactive games to celebrate a decade of WRB.
- Festival for Good | Saturday, Sept. 30 | 5-9 p.m. | Grandview Avenue | Free | Shop from local businesses, meet nonprofits, and hear stories from entrepreneurs at a family-friendly event.
- Trivia and a Movie | Tuesday | 6:30 p.m. | Land-Grant Brewing Co. | Free | Come for the trivia, stay for the secret movie screening.
- Food Truck Court | Wednesday + Thursday | Times vary | Columbus Commons | Cost of purchase | Stop by on Wednesday mornings for breakfast food trucks starting at 7:30 a.m., or lunch food trucks on Thursday starting at 11 a.m.
- Themed Trivia | Friday | Times vary | Sotto Terra | $15 | Create a team and compete in themed trivia with topics ranging from “The Office” to “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
- Clintonville Farmers Market | Saturday | 9 a.m.-12 p.m. | N. High Street + W. Dunedin Road | Cost of purchase | Shop local vendors offering fresh produce, deli meats, and high-quality coffee.
We can always make room in our calendar for more fun. Send us any events we missed and we’ll expand this guide.