The Halloween takeover of the city is officially here + we are bringing you ways to celebrate all month like you are living in a local version of “Halloweentown.”
Find events, movie screenings, and haunted houses more geared for adults.
- Fear Columbus | Weekends all October | 7-11:45 p.m. | Fear Columbus, 2605 Norhland Plaza | $20+ | Test your nerves at the largest haunted house in Columbus.
- COSI After Dark | Thurs., Oct. 13 | 7-10 p.m. | COSI | $20+ | This month’s edition brings a Nightmare on Broad Street theme to the science center. Visitors must be 21+.
- The Rocky Horror Show | Thurs., Oct 13-Sat., Oct. 30 | Times vary | Short North Stage, 1187 N. High St. | $50+ | Catch this local performance of a cult classic.
- Nightmare Film Festival | Thurs., Oct. 20-Sun., Oct. 23 | Times vary | Gateway Film Center, 1550 N. High St. | $149 | Watch horror shorts and films at this three day festival.
- Halloween (1979) | Thurs., Oct. 27-Sun., Oct. 31 | Times vary | Marcus Theaters Crosswoods, 200 Hutchinson Ave. | $10+ | Watch the classic slasher staring Jamie Lee Curtis + Michael Myers.
Find events, trick-or-treat times, and book readings that are friendly for all.
- Boo at the Zoo | Weekends starting Fri., Oct. 14 | Times vary | Columbus Zoo & Aquarium | $19+ | Kids are encouraged to wear costumes with other costumed characters at the zoo.
- Dog race + costume contest | Sun., Oct. 9 | 12 p.m. | DogTap Columbus, 96 Gender Rd. | Free | Which pup will be crowned top dog for speed and for design?
- Halloween Family Storytime | Sat., Oct. 29 | 11-11:30 a.m. | Columbus Metropolitan Library - Whetstone, 3909 N. High St. | Free | Bring the kids for a Halloween-themed book reading.
- Trick-or-Treat Night | Mon., Oct. 31 | 6 p.m. | Citywide