Table of Contents
Father’s Day is Sun., June 19 — which means now is the perfect time to start planning a gift for the father figures in your life. If you don’t know where to start, we’re here to share some local gift ideas + experiences.
If your old man is a sports fan ⚾
- The Clippers are home on Father’s Day at 1:05 p.m. and after the game, there will be the opportunity to play catch in the outfield with your dad or father figure. This is BYOB — bring your own ball.
- Celebrate a night early by grabbing tickets to the Crew game on Sat., June 18 at 7:30 p.m. Treat your dad to dinner at Lower.com Field with options like Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace + Dos Hermanos.
- Bonus: Snag some gameday gear from Homage to add in with the tickets.
If your dad needs a drink 🥃
- Gift your dad tickets to the Short North Bourbon Tasting on Thurs., July 15 at Bristol Republic. For $20 per person you can sample five bourbons with bottles available for purchase.
- Stop in to High Bank Distillery Co. in Grandview or Gahanna to purchase a bottle of Whiskey War Barrel Proof — which was named the best blended whiskey in America by the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
If your father likes to fish 🎣
- Plan a day at Alum Creek State Park using the lake fishing map to find the perfect spot.
- Hoover Reservoir is another top fishing location, with a serene atmosphere off Sunbury Road.
- Bonus: Prepare for a day on the water with fishing gear from Blaine Creek Custom Lures and Rods, LLC. in Worthington, where everything is 15% off for a Father’s Day sale.