The table is set. Here your one-stop-shop for the latest food news, from newly opened restaurants to eateries that have recently closed.
- The new Wario’s Beef & Pork is open in Clintonville at 4219 N. High St.
- PJ Hot Pot, a Korean barbecue restaurant just opened at 6100 Sawmill Rd.
- Del Mar, a Cameron Mitchell Restaurants eatery in Naples, FL with Mediterranean cuisine, will open its second location at 4089 The Strand East at Easton this spring.
- SŌW Plated is opening two new takeout and delivery concepts, SŌW To Go. The first will open inside the Gravity building in Franklinton this spring, and the Short North spot will open this summer.
- PBR Cowboy Bar + Smokehouse, a country-themed bar with a mechanical bull, is opening this month at Easton Town Center. The 8,400-sqft western spot will be the first in Ohio.
- Johnson’s Real Ice Cream is opening three new locations — Canal Winchester, Italian Village, and Grandview.
- Noori Chicken, a Korean fried chicken chain, is opening its first Ohio location at 1454 N. High St.
- Ampersand Asian Supper Club is opening a second location at 32 W. College Ave. in Uptown Westerville.
- Popular ice cream sandwich spot S’Wich Social in Italian Village will not reopen its shop in the spring.
- Weenie Wonder closed both its Easton and Dublin restaurants. CEO Troy Allen said they will focus on their other brands, 16-Bit Bar + Arcade and Pins Mechanical Co.
Food + drink events
- The dates are set. Columbus Taco Fest is back Saturday, May 18 + Sunday, May 19 at Genoa Park.
- Columbus Brew Festival will return to COSI on Saturday, March 9 with 50+ breweries in attendance.
Which new addition to the Columbus food scene has you the most excited? Let us know.