Table of Contents
As 14,000 students move into OSU residence halls this week, and tens of thousands more move into off-campus housing, we can expect areas surrounding campus to be a lot busier. If this has you worrying about finding parking in your favorite spots, we’re here to help with a Short North parking guide.
- There are 8,900 parking spots in the Short North — 680 parking meters, 6,000 on-street parking spots, and 2,250 garage parking spots.
- There are 13 parking garages in the Short North — you can view the Short North parking map to find a garage closest to where you’re headed.
- Four garages participate in a parking validation program — The Castle, The Hub, The Joseph, and Lincoln at Pearl. Park in these lots + bring your parking ticket into Short North businesses for validation to only pay $1 for the first hour of parking from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., seven days a week.
- Be sure to download the ParkColumbus app, which allows you to enter your license plate and parking zone and pay online for parking. You can extend your parking time directly through the app, as well as reserve a parking spot in advance.
- Save $1 on on-street parking with the online parking codes.
If you want to avoid parking all together, there are still plenty of other transit options available in the Short North. Take the COTA bus, rent a CoGo bike, or utilize rideshare services.