Table of Contents
No need to head out west to hit the slopes this winter. With a ~50-minute drive, you can ski, snowboard, or tube at Mad River Mountain and Snow Trails. Grab your snow pants and helmet, because it’s all downhill from here.
⛷️ Mad River Mountain, 1000 Snow Valley Rd.
As the largest ski resort in Ohio, this Zanesfield mountain is opening soon for the winter season. Here’s some need-to-know info before you say ski you later.
- The mountain is open for skiing and snowboarding seven days a week + snow tubing is open Thursday-Sunday.
- View the trail map to find difficulty levels of different trails and lifts.
- Purchase lift tickets online a week in advance for the best savings.
- Adult lessons, children’s lessons, and private lessons are available to book online.
- There’s nearby lodging available if you plan to stay.
🏂 Snow Trails, 3100 Possum Run Rd.
Located in Mansfield, Snow Trails is open for the season. Here’s what else you should keep on your radar this season:
- Bookings for skiing must be made 48 hours in advance and you save $10 on bookings made after 4 p.m.
- Children’s programs are held in a beginners area.
- Glow tubing is available Thursday-Sunday in lit-up lanes + sells out quickly.
- There are two upcoming nights of live entertainment.
- Give a Snow Bucks gift card as a present or keep it for yourself, and it can be used for anything from food to apparel to lift tickets.