We don’t want to be dramatic, but there’s only one right way to celebrate the beginning of fall in Columbus: with climbing, paddling, music, beer + all the wholesome outdoor fun at Scioto Fest 2023.
Happening Friday, Sept. 15-Saturday, Sept. 16 (5-11 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday) at Scioto Audubon Metro Park, the free annual outdoors festival has something for everyone.
Here’s what to expect from the weekend:
Friday, Sept. 15
- 5 p.m.: Overnight camping check-in starts.
- 5-7 p.m.: Treat your pups to Yappy Hour by tie-dying dog bandannas with Friends of Metro Parks and browsing other dog vendor booths.
- 5-8 p.m.: “Try It! Climbing” and “Try It! Kayaking” excursions kick off. Guided sessions with Metro Parks Outdoor Adventure staff will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 7-10:30 p.m.: Groove to live music from local bands.
- 7:30-8:30 p.m.: Gather around the campfire for Gourmet S’mores with Metro Parks Outdoor Adventure + Public Lands.
Bonus: Local food trucks, Nocterra Brewing Co., and Land-Grant Brewing Company will be serving up grub and cold pints until 11 p.m. — including a special Metro Parks beer: Wandering Monarch, a collab Belgian Pilsner from the two breweries.
Saturday, Sept. 16
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Food trucks, Nocterra Brewing Co., and Land-Grant Brewing Company will be on-site.
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Enjoy a full day of Metro Parks activities including slack-lining, volleyball + hammocking, plus more fun local vendors.
- 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Metro Parks Annual Climbing Competition — how high can you climb?
- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Downtown Kayak Floats happening every hour (sign up at the info tent)
- 12 p.m. -3 p.m.: Additional “Try it! Climbing” guided sessions
When was the first Scioto Fest? Guess here.