Table of Contents
Whether it’s the sights and sounds of the holidays, or the bites and booze of decade-old establishments, here are our best tips for getting down in downtown.
- Walk along S. 4th Street to find Mikey’s Late Night Slice, Hadley’s, and Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace as neighbors.
- Step inside the Ohio Statehouse to grab to-go tacos from HouseTaco, offering both breakfast and lunch options.
- Keep it classy and upscale at Milestone 229, featuring some of the best views of the Scioto Mile while you enjoy your meal.
- Find everything at The North Market — ranging from ramen to Nashville-style chicken.
- We highly recommend a Clear Sky Coffee Cream Ale from Wolf’s Ridge Brewing, located at 215 N. 4th St.
- Listen to live music on the weekends at The Walrus (143 E. Main St.) which features 30 draft beers.
- Jackie O’s On Fourth is one of the newest bars and patios in the downtown area, located at 171 N. 4th St.
- Not all drinks need booze. Get your morning started at local roasters like Parable Coffee (149 S. High St.) or The Roosevelt Coffeehouse (300 E. Long St.).
- Regular bowling can be hard on your wrists and wallet. That’s why we prefer duck pin bowling at Pins Mechanical Co., located at 141 N. 4th St.
- Switch up your regular night out with ax throwing at The Dueling Axes at 309 S. 4th St.
- Make the most of the holiday season with seasonal light displays at Columbus Commons (160 S. High St.) or Franklin Park Conservatory (1777 E. Broad St.)