It’s a new year, and for us at CBUStoday, we’re celebrating more than that — it’s our birthday.
Well, technically, it’s our birth month and that’s how we like to do things. As the clock ticked down on 2021, CBUStoday was launched. That means the start of this month marks one year of bringing you hyperlocal news + events from the best city in the world.
So, City Editors Hanna + Mitch wanted to spend a moment to highlight our favorite stories and social posts to celebrate the occasion. Thanks for reading, Columbus.
Hanna in hindsight
The first year of CBUStoday has been a blast. From interviewing locals to trying out funny trends with the Columbus Clippers team, I’ve loved getting involved with the community. I’ve also enjoyed sharing stories with you all, like:
- Food superlatives — From sushi to pizza, it was fun to share a delicious option for everyone.
- Q+A’s — I had the chance to interview some amazing people this year, including the former No. 1 NBA draft pick Greg Oden and social media star Mitchell Pehlke.
- New openings — I sampled some new dining spots this year, including nights at FYR and Privé Members Lounge.
Memories from Mitch
I’ve loved digging through Columbus’ history, including the 100+ year history of the Elevator Brewing building. But, if I had to choose my favorite stories from last year, it would look something like this:
- ComFest is one of my favorite yearly events, so we dug into its history to learn more about this 50 year old tradition.
- Tony Hawk’s dad helped design the Dodge Park Skate Park which we discovered after the skateboarder made a quiet visit to Columbus last year.
- The Wordle craze of 2022 inspired us to create “Crossed Words” — a mini local word game.