🗓 Coming soon
Every time we look around, it seems like something new is popping up in Columbus. Whether you’re looking for an early morning breakfast spot or a late night club, we’re rounding up a few things coming soon to CBUS.
This article was published in March 2023.
- West70 Logistics Center | Hilliard Rome Road | Opening Fall/Winter 2023 | Two industrial buildings totaling 750,000+ sqft are currently under construction with the potential for three more along that stretch of road.
- Zora’s House 2.0 | 1311 Summit St. | Opening 2024 | The local nonprofit broke ground earlier in 2023 + aims to open in the new year with 10,000 sqft of space.
- Rumpke Recycling Facility | 1178 Joyce Ave. | Opening 2024 | The waste management company broke ground on the largest recycling facility in North America this winter.
- Hot Chicken Takeover | 109 N. Hamilton Rd. | Opening Spring 2023 | This locally owned Nashville-style hot chicken restaurant will open a Gahanna location in April.
- Jenny’s Diner | 4768 N. High St. | Opening spring 2023 | Find classic breakfast bites at a restaurant started by a former food service worker.
- Esco Bar & Restaurant | 31 E. Gay St. | Opening spring 2023 | A new late night spot hits downtown + celebrates its grand opening with co-owner 2 Chainz on Friday, March 24.
- Nocterra Brewing | 400 W. Whittier St. | TBD | James Knott, director of sales + marketing, confirmed with CBUStoday that a ground breaking is in the works in the near future inside the Scioto Audubon Metro Park.
- Ohio State’s Interdisciplinary Research Facility | 2255 Kenny Rd. | Opening summer 2023 | A variety of researchers will all be under one roof at this educational hub.
- CCSC Child Care Center | Grove Street and Cleveland Avenue | Opening summer 2023 | A total of $3.5 million will be invested into this child care center that can host 100 kids.
- Energy Advancement and Innovation Center | 2281 Kenny Rd. | Opening fall 2023 | Students, researchers, and business owners will use this space to study renewable energy for the future.
- Center for Software Innovation | Carmentown | Opening TBD | After OSU received its largest donation in university history, it plans to open a new center for students studying in fields like business or marketing.
- Westerville Cancer Center | 300 Polaris Pkwy. | Opening in spring 2023 | OhioHealth + Columbus Oncology collaborated on this 15,000-sqft cancer treatment and care center.
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Outpatient Care - West Campus | 410 W. 10th Ave. | Opening in winter 2024 | Setbacks have pushed back this opening date + additional funds have been spent to shore up final needs.
- OhioHealth Women’s Health Center | | 3535 Olentangy River Rd. | Opening in 2026 | This $600 million project will expand the already existing Riverside Methodist Hospital by 590,000 sqft.
- Grant Medical Center Expansion | 111 S. Grant Ave. | Opening in 2028 | A $400 million expansion will soon be underway + includes a seven-story trauma center as well as a five-story parking garage.
- Edge Adventure Park | Vesper Way and Cleveland Avenue | Opening TBD | The 10.5-acre park was approved by city officials + looks for community feedback before moving forward with project details.
- Scioto Mile Fountain | 233 Civic Center Dr. | Opening in spring 2024 | The downtown water feature will become a permanent fixture after $15 million worth of renovations.
- Fran Ryan Center | 120 S. Central Ave. | Opening in fall 2024 | Demolition of Douglas Elementary School took place in January + construction begins sometime this spring or summer.
- Preston Centre | 155 E. Broad St. | Opening in fall/winter 2023 | Nearly 180,000 sqft will be dedicated to residential units inside the former PNC Plaza building.
- Berlin Farm | 3699 Berlin Station Rd. | Opening in 2025 | More than 500 new homes will be added to Berlin Township in this project near the Olentangy Local School District.
- The Rockwell District | Broad Street + Hamilton Road | Phase one ends 2025 | This $300 million project in Whitehall could take more than a decade, but will add 1,000 residential units in addition to business and retail space.
✅ Now open
If there’s one thing we love even more than looking ahead to the future, it’s enjoying the present at one of Columbus’s newest spots. Check out this list of CBUS’ recently opened establishments.
- Combine Spaces | 3474 N. High St. | Winter 2023 | A new coworking space has landed in Clintonville, offering day passes, shared rooms, and dedicated desks.
- Slalom | 375 N. Front St. | Winter 2023 | This IT firm moved to the Arena District into an 8,500 sqft space in February.
- Columbus Metro Library - Gahanna | 310 Granville St. | Spring 2023 | The Columbus Library celebrated its 150th year with a new location that boasts 36,000+ sqft.
- OhioHealth New Albany Medical Campus | 5150 E. Dublin-Granville Rd. | Winter 2022 | Find primary care and urgent care with services ranging from sports care to pain management.
- Tous les Jours | 2851 Olentangy River Rd. | Winter 2023 | Stop by this South Korea-based bakery with a French andAsian-inspired menu.
- Speck Italian Eatery | 89 N. High St. | Winter 2023 | Try handmade pasta dishes from this local spot that got its start in Delaware.
- Columbus Brewing Co. Beer Hall | 200 Kelton Ave. | Winter 2023 | Find 13,000+ sqft of space inside the recently reimagined Trolley District.
- Stories on High | 404 N. High St. | Winter 2023 | The tallest rooftop bar in Columbus officially opened in February.
- Creole 2 Geaux | 401 N. Front St. | Winter 2023 | Dig into New Orleans-style cuisine with classic dishes such as jambalaya.
- Ray Ray’s Hot Pit | 225 Park Rd. | Winter 2023 | The popular food truck added a new location in Worthington next to Flint Station, a neighborhood bar.
- The Rail | 1064 Dublin Rd. | Spring 2023 | This stands as the second location for a local restaurant that started in Dublin.
- Agni | 716 S. High St. | Spring 2023 | This new downtown spot comes from “Top Chef” star Avishar Barua.
- Strawsers Ice Cream, Pop & Candy Shop | 3229 Hilliard-Rome Rd. | Spring 2023 | Find customizable soda floats with a candy and soda bar.
- dW Eatery | 1021 5th Ave. | Spring 2023 | A new sports bar joins Grandview from the owners of District West.
- Quarry Trails Metro Park | 2600 Dublin Rd. | Winter 2021 | Though phase one was finished in 2021, Columbus Metro Parks continues to add to the park with two more phases planned.
- Pickle & Chill | 880 W. Henderson Rd. | Winter 2022 | Find a 25,000+ sqft facility that is set to add more amenities and features with more phases throughout this year.
- Virtual Fairways | 868 Refugee Rd. | Winter 2023 | Work on your long, mid, and short game with an indoor golf simulator.
- X Golf | 1165 Yard St. | Winter 2023 | Another golf simulator joins the Columbus community, this time at Grandview Yard.
- Avondale Woods | 6336 Avondale Woods Dr. | Winter 2022 | Browse a variety of homes starting at $500,000+ near Dublin and Old Hilliard.
- The Hartford at Stafford Village | 84-104 Stafford Ave. | Spring 2023 | A 1970s apartment in Worthington was redesigned into a senior living facility with a total of 86 one- and two-bedroom units.