The cold is here, but these projects are still hot. Here’s your monthly recap of Columbus development.
Ronald McDonald House of Columbus is super sized
No, seriously — after it’s most recent renovations, this nonprofit location is the biggest in the world.
Data centers on the rise in central Ohio
Did you know Columbus is home to 40+ data centers from companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon?
Condos underway on Fifth Avenue in Grandview
A former mansion is finding new life as condominium complex as a local developer reimagines the space + adds 14 more units.
OhioHealth opens new urgent care facility
This $4+ million, 13,000-sqft building is located at 14 McDowell St. in Gravity.
Mayor outlines 2024 city budget
This $1+ billion budget would provide $19+ million to expand affordable housing options.
Local developer eyes Canal Winchester for apartments
This could bring seven buildings housing a total of 180 apartment units, and comes from Homestead Cos.
Getting up-to-speed on passenger rails
We took a deep dive this month into the recent headlines + updates with passenger rails in central Ohio and beyond.
$3+ billion tech investment in New Albany
The tech company QTS was approved for tax abatements for two sites in New Albany, and they plan to build eight more data centers.
Columbus to help with space research
The first-ever space lab will be located near Ohio State’s campus and will support Starlab, a global space platform planned to be the first continuously crewed, free-flying commercial space station.
Central Ohio’s tech scene continues to grow
Microsoft purchased roughly 300 acres of land in Licking County for $30 million with plans to build data centers.
Top stories in October
Here’s what you may have missed in October.
- COTA’s new mobility center at Rickenbacker Airport
- Ohio State Wexner Medical Center gives project updates
- DSW’s “store of the future”
- Linear park approved for Linden + Northland
- Tech company invests $1.5 billion in New Albany
- New zoning codes could help dilapidated Cooper Stadium
- More apartments proposed in Dublin
Top stories in September
Get a quick glimpse at the trending stories in September:
- OhioHealth’s $600 million expansion moves forward
- Phase II of The Peninsula
- Local Pepsi-affiliated warehouse to be expanded
- Amazon to invest $3.5 billion in New Albany
- 20,000-sqft “eatertainment” center in the works
- New go-kart center is coming soon
- 400+ acre site proposed near Intel
- Dublin planning ahead for passenger rail
Top stories in August
Browse through these August updates to see what you might have missed.
- A playground just for adults
- Three-for-one project in old bank building
- Grand finale in Grandview
- New event space for OSU
- Airport’s $2 billion terminal
- From office district to apartment space
- More apartments proposed for campus
- Downtown apartments opening soon
Top stories in July
Catch up on the July news cycle with these top headlines.